Ariā is a groundbreaking concept and classification management tool. Accessible from the cloud, Ariā unleashes concept and classification information in a way not seen before in the New Zealand data ecosystem.
Ariā introduces a philosophy of concept-based classification management, in a user-friendly browser-based system. You can use Ariā to understand more about the classifications, concepts, and standards that underpin data.
Ariā releases more information than is available on the Statistics NZ website, including concordances, synonyms, and definition text.
What you'll see
Use the ‘Quick search’ function on the homepage to search for concepts, classifications, concordances, or standards. Checkboxes allow you to filter your results.
You can also use the menus at the top of the page to search or navigate to your favourites or recently viewed items. To navigate to a resource of high interest, use the quick links at the bottom of the homepage.
Once you’ve found the information you’re looking for, you can use the icons on the right-hand side of the screen to ‘save as a favourite’, download, or print. You can download information in a format that suits you (eg Excel, Word, PDF, SAS, HTML).
Ariā has a help function you can access by clicking on the ‘Help’ or ‘?’. The help function will automatically provide suggestions based on where on the website you have most recently visited.
We'd like your feedback about
The functionality of the tool:
- Did the tool work as expected?
- What improvements or other functionality would you like included?
- Can you download content into your preferred format (eg Excel, PDF, HTML)?
The usefulness of the tool:
- Can you easily find what you are looking for?
- Is the help function useful?
To give feedback, click on the ‘Give feedback’ button above.
Concepts, classifications and standards come from published content on the Statistics NZ website.
There are no known limitations, Ariā only contains approved metadata.
Note: We’ll add to this list as we hear of other issues.
- You may have problems downloading very large classifications (due to their size). If the download times-out, an instruction pops-up to re-run in a few minutes. Following this instruction resolves the download.
- This App may not work with older web browsers (such as internet explorer 9 and below).
Published 2 November 2016