This prototype provides at-a-glance views of movements in, or levels of, key indicators. An indicator is a figure that measures the performance or well-being of a sector or topic. For example, GDP is an indicator of the health of the economy.
Although this tool is aimed at larger businesses, we think it may appeal to a wider audience of users who are interested in high-level facts, figures, and trends.
What you’ll see
The first view of each indicator is a summary, with key figures and a graph showing recent movements. Click on an indicator to see more detail, and to customise the graph displayed. Use the star icon to add indicators to your dashboard – which is your customised collection of indicators. Indicators are clustered by topic.
We’d like your feedback about
- The usefulness of the dashboard – if available, do you think you’d regularly use this tool?
- The functionality – did it work as you expected? Is there other functionality you’d like included?
- Other indicators you’d like included in the dashboard.
To give feedback, click on the ‘Give feedback’ button above.
Data in this tool comes from Statistics NZ.
This prototype holds a snapshot of data from June 2015 and has not been updated since then.
- We have used a sample of indicators to develop this dashboard. We’ll add more indicators in the future.
- The topics currently included are indicative only. We’ll be doing more work to confirm the actual topics we’ll use.
- We’ll develop ‘Your dashboard’ further to make it more reliable, and allow you to save and share the dashboard you’ve customised.
Version 1, last updated 20 October 2015.
Date:01 Mar 2016